Card readings can be an excellent way of gaining a fresh perspective on your life or on a specific situation. It can shed new light on old emotional problems, negative aspects of relationships, suggest parts of your life or personality you are neglecting, and help you to make more balanced, insightful decisions. This is a great analysis tool for getting a clear, detached view of what you are doing right now, and where you are heading.
What happens during a reading?
A reading is basically a very simple process. The deck consists of 78 cards, each of which has a specific meaning associated with it. To perform a reading, the cards have to be shuffled and then laid out in a specific pattern. Each card represents the energy surrounding you currently, your past influences, and probable future based on this information. You are encouraged to record the session so you can listen back later if you wish.
My aim is that at the end of a reading, clients will have a lot of new information which they can then apply to make good decisions about what they are doing in their lives. This should leave a client feeling as though they have a much better grip on what is happening in their life, and why they currently feel the way they do. Hopefully this will allow them to make fast and effective progress in whatever areas of their life most concern them.
When should I get a reading?
- When you feel stuck in a rut, or directionless
- Very effective at suggesting new directions you're exploring or any unfinished business you are holding onto
- When starting a new phase in your life
- Close to a birthday, or other significant event, or when moving on to a new stage of life
- If you are struggling with a part of yourself, or your life, and wish for new insight
- When needing a new perspective on old situations
- When considering a major decision
No, this is not fortune telling. We all have free will and choice and the ability to shape our futures. A reading will offer you a way to visualize your smoothest route forward, a way to pre-empt challenges and obstacles, and to imagine solutions to problems before they even happen. A reading is similar to a weather forecast - it’ll tell you what’s happening now and what may lie ahead. But we all know how the weather changes… a reading gives you a heads up on when to pack your “life” umbrella!
I think a lot of people are attracted to fortune telling because they wish for reassurance that comes from being told that things are basically going to work out okay. But being told what is going to happen must surely reduce one’s sense of control over their own life and may encourage them to abdicate responsibility for what happens to them. My readings are dedicated towards showing people the influences acting in their life and giving them insight on how to take control of them. I may warn of possible consequences of actions they currently have planned, but the point in doing so is to give people the opportunity to change their direction, take control, and form a future that they choose of their own accord.
During a tarot reading, where does the guidance come from?
Prior to each session, I meditate to clear my mind and become focused and grounded. I begin with a prayer asking God to guide me, creating a sacred and healing space for us both. For me, "prayer" is talking to God, and "meditation" is truly listening to God.
From the moment the client decides to have a reading, there is an expressed consent giving me permission to pray and meditate for you. This helps me to "tune into" your energy. Being able to do this provides a valuable tool for empowerment, coaching, creativity, business planning, relationship guidance, and regaining balance in all areas of your life.
What happens if you don't follow advice given in a tarot reading?
No worries. A reading/consultation gives guidance only. Ultimately, any action taken is up to you.
By scheduling or paying for any Tarot reading service offered by Christi Murphy, LLC or by communicating with Christi Murphy in any fashion, you are attesting that you have read this legal disclaimer and agree to these terms of service. Further, you attest that you understand and willingly enter into, agree with, and accept the following.
1. You are 18 years of age or older (or have the permission of your custodial parent).
2. Any information, communication, or consultations with Christi Murphy are for educational, spiritual, or entertainment purposes only.
3. No tarot reading given by Christi Murphy is intended to, nor should it ever take the place of professional services including but not limited to: medical, legal, financial, business, or psychological.
4. Christi Murphy accepts no liability and/or responsibility for any actions and/or decisions the client chooses to make based on this consultation/reading.
5. When engaging in a reading, you understand that Christi Murphy dose not diagnose illnesses, including questions pertaining to pregnancy and death.
6. 100% accuracy is strived for, but not guaranteed.
Christi Murphy, LLC
The Art of Balancing
Body, Mind, and Spirit
Christi Murphy, LLC * www.christimurphy.com/services.html * 502.645.6588 * email@example.com